Monday 2 April 2018

TriAbility 2018

Eric assisting us on how to layout the cycle transition area

day before the event, crowd control fencing gets installed
Shamefully this is all the photo's I took of this wonderful event. Being a lead volunteer kept me busy both days and I really enjoyed my role.

On the day of the event, I got to organize the volunteers for the 2nd part of the cycle leg. Moores Valley Road to Whitcher Grove up Reservoir Road to the turn around point at the waterworks.


The volunteers I got made me so proud, the way they encouraged the cyclists at crucial points along the route. It was a good idea providing a mountain bike so that volunteers can share the role as a floater for me, traveling up and down our route reporting back to me any problems. Having a trained nurse at the top turn around point which was also set up as a drinking station made my job so much easier.

Being out here we got to miss the "exciting controlled chaos" at the main transition area, ie where they change from swimming to cycling to running, and where the kids did there events. That is where most of the supporters and families would be watching, after packing up and returning we all got to see the end ceremonies, prize giving and closing speeches.

The free BBQ sausages for the volunteers at the end finished of the day nicely.

Can't wait to do this again next year!

PS for more photo's check out https://www.sportwainuiomata.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

USO Fresh Ride Eastbourne

Another enjoyable ride, I'm well used to going down this route. There are some places where the road doesn't allow a car and a cyc...